Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Do What You Love

Why is it so hard to go back to work after a week off? Hell, it's hard going back after the night off. I suppose that's because there are nearly a million other things I'd rather be doing. There's writing, of course. Then there is playing with my horses, baking, scrubbing the toilets... The list of what I'd "rather" be doing goes on.

With the New Year looming, I'm forced to think again of what I really want to do when I grow up. I don't bother with resolutions. They're only good for about a week anyway. No, I need something life changing.

I've had a goal for the past, oh, I don't know - seven years - to quit my job and do something that makes me look forward to getting up in the morning. Over the years, that "something" has changed at least a handful of times. Fact is, I simply have too many interests. But, over the past few months, writing has taken center stage. It allows me to be whatever I want to be through the characters I develop. Plus, it's a perfect outlet for my overactive imagination. I'm always daydreaming anyway. Why not write about them?

Though most of my hobbies and interests rotate, I have a good feeling that writing is here to stay. If my love for it wasn't enough, knowing that people eagerly await my next book is enough to keep me going. I may never become world famous, but I'm a success in their eyes and that's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment