Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Writing Contests!

Okay, I did it. I entered both of the contests I mentioned in last week's post. Winners will be announced January 15th, 2016 for the NEOVERSE Short Story Contest and the other one won't be announced until the end of February. I don't know how I'm going to survive waiting that long. I suppose I'll just have to keep writing to take my mind off.

Diving head first into my distraction, I wrote another short story. It's loosely based on the first creative writing project I wrote back in my early days of college. Good lord that seems like ages ago! I lost the original paper, but the story's concept stuck with me all theses years. I'd like to think my memory is a steel trap, but alas, a few have leaked out over the years. As a result, I couldn't remember the original story - just the premise. So, I wrote an entirely new one with the same theme.

The message of the story is pretty powerful. In fact, it gave my husband a scare when he read it. He thought I was trying to convey something to him, haha! I reassured him (I hope) that it was, in fact, just a story. It did teach me something though. Some of my stories may need to come with a warning label!

Well, wish me luck with the contests!

No comments:

Post a Comment