Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Reading & Writing


I enjoy reading. That's a good thing considering it is one of the essential aspects of writing. Thing is, most of what I've been reading lately consists of my own stories. And, while I enjoy them (one should hope) I figured it was important to get a little variety. Not to mention, it's interesting to see what other writers are doing.

So, I dusted off my GoodReads Profile and created a reading goal for myself. I'm hoping that, by the end of the year, I will have read 50 books. To some, that may sound too easy. But, you have to know, I work full-time and I'm writing every spare moment in between. So, in order to achieve my reading goal, I'm carving out precious writing time to do so.

I don't see it as a huge sacrifice though. I've already finished the first book for the year and it was very interesting. It was Asylum by Madeleine Roux. It is a creepy thriller about a boy who goes to a college prep program over the summer before senior year. I'll admit, it took a few chapters before I was invested in the story. But, after giving it a chance (and I'm glad I did) I found it very engaging and finished it in two nights. I look forward to reading the second book, Sanctum



So, what about you? Do you have any reading goals this year? If you do and you haven't done so already, I recommend signing up with GoodReads. It's a great way to keep track of what you've read and want to read. Plus, it's a great place to get recommendations and connect with people who share your reading interests. Who knows, I might be one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment