Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year's Magic


I used to wake up on New Year's morning actually expecting to see something different. As if a new year meant a new life. I suppose, metaphorically, that is what resolutions are about - making a new life for yourself by changing the one you had. But, where's the magic in that? The kid in me wants to see something different.

If you think about it, Christmas has decorations and presents, Easter has baskets filled with candy, Thanksgiving has its feasts. But, what does New Years have other than hangovers? I could have been doing it wrong all these years, but maybe I just need to start a new tradition. I haven't quite worked out the details on what it might be, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

In the meantime, I see tons more writing in the new year. My second book, Full Bloom, will hopefully be published within the next couple of months and I have the next two books in the Flower Child Saga queued up. I've also been writing the plots of two to three other stories that go in a completely different direction. I'm really excited about those.

Well, while nothing looks different so far in 2016, it certainly feels different - like anything could happen. Having something to look forward to does that to a person. Maybe, just maybe, that's where the New Year's magic is hidden.


No comments:

Post a Comment