Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Voice for My Imagination


It's amazing the world that writing has opened up for me. I'm not saying I'm a world famous or award winning author (not yet anyway). I'm simply refering to the voice that writing has lent my imagination. For the first time in my life, I can actually put into words things that were only images (and, yes, voices) in my head.

Since I finally worked up the courage to self-publish my book Flower Child back in October, I've learned to push myself like I've never pushed before. I'm no longer afraid to put myself out there. Okay, that's not entirely true. I do get nervous... a lot. But, I no longer allow my fears to cripple me. And believe me, as a writer, this is essential. Not everyone is going to like what I write, and, sometimes their comments will sting. The trick is to remind myself why I'm taking up the pen (or keyboard) each day. Because it's what I love!

This blog is my journey as I discover the in's and out's of a writer's life. I hope to contribute new posts regularly, but if I'm missing for a while, it's not because I've stopped writing. That would be the same as not breathing and I rather like breathing . I hope you come along for the ride. Who knows, maybe something I say or do will inspire you to try something new. Plus, there's bound to be a lesson or two on what "not" to do as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment